"Counselor at law" means empowering clients and their families to learn more about the law, guardianship, and how to advocate for their needs.
The following websites contain useful information about the guardianship process:
- Washington State Courts Certified Professional Guardian directory
- Washington State non-professional Guardian online training
- Snohomish County Superior Court Guardian Handbook
- Snohomish County Guardianship Forms
- King County Guardianship Forms
Family & Dementia Resources
The following books are very useful for families dealing with dementia, caring for elderly loved ones and the associated family dynamics. There are links to amazon for these books, and any purchases made through these links provide a small donation to Seattle Children's Hospital at no extra cost to you. Michelle's office does not benefit in any way from the links.
- Taking Care of Aging Family Members: A Practical Guide, Wendy Lustbader
- Counting on Kindness, Wendy Lustbader
- The 36 Hour Day, Nancy Mace & Peter Rabins
- Alzheimer's Association